Sunday, June 28, 2009

Poetry: Fuel-Injected Love

Drop the clutch and
slam the petal down.
Feel the power and
away you go.
Fuel injecting and
tires squealing.
Passion born at 80 and
ecstasy born at 100.

Making love to the road,
the scenery blurs by.
Twist the wheel and hit the breaks,
I stop outside the front of your place.
Slide across the hood and
kick my way inside.
You're mine tonight baby and
the night have just begun.

Your love is my fuel,
injected straight into my veins.
Ignited passion burns in me;
it's time to release the clutch.
Walls begin to shake,
like the earthquake inside me.
In the aftermath of our moment,
the house looks like a war zone.

Dress and close the door and
it's time to hit the road.
I promise I'll be back again,
but I'll be miles away.
I'm lost to the road;
trapped by an insatiable wanderlust.
Some day I'll come back to rock your foundation,
but today I'm riding with my fuel injected love.

No comments: