Friday, January 8, 2010

Writing: Moment in Time - Wondering and Dreaming

I watch the snow fall out my window in giant white flakes. They glisten in the sunlight, shining like glass falling from the sky. My thoughts move beyond them, stretching miles away until they find you. You sit with others, you sit alone, you sit in the dark, you sit surrounded by a halo of light. I smile when I see your face, your neck, your hair, your shoulders, and so on. Suddenly the image is pulled away, your voice telling me not yet. A cloak of darkness envelops me, hiding me, keeping me in storage for another day. I draw back to my window, looking out at the snow falling lazily to the ground. I wonder if you are watching the same snow fall outside your window. I wonder if you're thinking about me. I sip my coffee and stand up. Enough dreaming done for today.

No comments: