Saturday, January 9, 2010

Commentary: New Year

2010 is finally upon us and today I thought I would glance back to '09, and briefly look froward into this new year. Quite the roller coaster ride 2009 was. Starting the year in Purchase, NY, ending in Elma, NY, I never thought I would see that. Switching majors from Psychology to English was another big jump in my life. Writing had always been a hobby until the point where I suddenly woke up and decided that I wanted to devote my life completely to the written word.

My relationship with Sarah ended towards the end of the year. I wish her no ill will and hope for the best in her life. It's strange how you can go from seeing a future ahead to suddenly realizing that this isn't what you truly wanted. Jump to 2010 with me. I am an English major at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY, I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu, a great group of friends, and the love of my life T__. I will use this description of her mostly because she is not one to adore the limelight like I do (I will take any and all praise or criticism you will give!), plus many great writers have taken to naming people as such. She knows who she is, that's what is important. She is the reason behind many of the relationship/love-centric writing I have put up lately. What's important, she makes me happy and in 2010, I pray I am able to make her feel even a fraction as happy as what she makes me.

In 2010, I hope to land an internship at a publishing house here in Buffalo, hopefully get published myself, get my new website designed where a group of the very talented people I know can showcase their works, love deeply, and live completely. I hope to provide some literary enjoyment for all of you readers and I am deeply honored you take the time to read my works. I hope you all have a fantastic 2010 and beyond...

Brian Hinckley
Aka- Sonic Boom

No comments: