Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poetry: Falling Away

I feel it happening,
but have no way to stop it.
I'm falling away,
leaving pieces of me far behind.

Searching for the greener pastures,
but only finding sand.
Sifting through the ashes,
I'm falling away.

Like a snakes shedded skin,
I feel like a husk of what I was.
I need to keep my head up high,
collect all the pieces that are falling away.

You were once my refuge,
my hiding place from the world.
I look for you now,
but you have fallen away.

I need you now more than ever,
like a child lost without their parents.
I'm falling away and I need you,
but you are no longer around.

Forgive my somber musings,
but then again you have always been forgiving.
Come back in my life and re-ignite my smile,
pick up my pieces that have fallen away.

No comments: