Sunday, April 12, 2009

Poetry: Verbal Assault

Holiday alone,
the rest uncomfortably occupied.
Liquor fumes,
smoke fills lungs.

Desire
Isolation
Romance
Countenance
Fuck
Envy
Friends
Enemies

The lines blur,
friends become enemies.
The lines shatter,
enemies become lovers.

Infusion
Orgasm
Refreshing
Stifling
Everything
Nothing
Welcoming
Goodbye

Hellos and How are yous,
empty greetings and hollow small talk.
Fuck offs and leave me alones replace,
the world flips and flails like a dying fish.

Wrap your arms around your ego,
holding it tight to your breast.
You're better than them,
least you will always believe so.

Go on and give them little thought,
tell yourself you're better off without them.
I traveled thousands of miles away,
yet they are always right on my tail.

Don't become the child here,
clinging to my coat tails crying for understanding.
I ran out of understanding years ago;
now I am full of contempt.

Anger
Sex
Creative
Hollow
Words
Kissing
Pushing
Go
Stay

You can only join me when you realize,
nothing really matters anymore.
I used to love you and others,
but now I wonder what I ever saw in any of you.

Soon you will see this as well,
the world grovelling to be let back in.
Stay firm and resolute,
they don't deserve it.

No comments: