Thursday, March 12, 2009

Observations: Funny (Obvious and Obscure)

I was walking back from my class this morning and was bitter because of the chill wind blowing through the campus. I walked around the library and suddenly was washed in sunlight. It was like a switch in my mind flicked. The wind seemed less cold, my life less hectic, the day just seemed to become so much better.

Weaving in and out of shadows, figuratively and literally, it's funny how simply changing your path can effect you. My friends believe I change my mood more often than an actor changes their wardrobe. I cant disagree with that. Too many things have an impact on me, some obvious, but some are dreadfully obscure. Watching a squirrel run across my path, stop, look at me, then scamper up a tree delights me. Birds flying in formation or hearing the lone cry of a proud eagle, these are things that raise my spirits. A cup of warm coffee listening to light jazz calms me. The color orange makes me smile. Some obvious, some obscure.

No comments: