Monday, March 9, 2009

Poetry: Complaints and Grievances

I shout to the heavens complaints that are never answered,
"We'll get back to you as soon as possible".
Fist to the sky I move on,
giving the world a mouthful.

Listen to my complaints and grievances,
I have a long list to go through here.
Pull up a chair and get comfortable,
I'm about to let loose.

Now that I have you sitting,
my smile breaks the gloomy mood.
Soft kiss on upturned lips,
wanted reaction a success.

I have no complaints nor a single grievance,
I'm here with you.
Dark and sarcastic and sensual,
three things that first drew me to you.

A moth before a dark flame,
I flutter around you with rainbows trailing behind me.
I'm upbeat to the extreme,
the remedy to dark musings.

Now that I have you here,
I can do what I want to you.
I will steal a kiss and your hand,
throw you in a car and drive away.

We will drive with no destination,
until the moment is right.
When the car stops and we get out,
you will see the reason for all of this.

You will see I just whispered all this in your ear,
you never left your chair.
You open your eyes to my smile;
my kiss cures darkness.

No comments: