Saturday, March 14, 2009

Writing: Dark Angel

The sounds around me fade, the lights flicker down until only shadows of their former selves. She turns towards me, her eyes shining in the dim light. Step by step she moves closer. My eyes try to soak in everything, yet details escape me. As she moves towards me, her raven hair flowing back and forth in sway with her hips, I forget where I am, what time it is. Step by step she gets closer, her perfume swimming around the air and softly caressing my face, intoxicating me. Her red lips part slightly as she keeps her painfully slow pace, her eyes now shining with more than light.

I lose myself in her kiss; her touch. I feel her pressed against me. Her soft skin pressed against mine play ecstatic counter to the iron grip of her fingers in my hair. My arms slide around her, feeling her melt into me. Sweet scented breath flows into me, which I drink like a man dying of thirst. She is intoxicating, my dark angel.

We knew that the night wont last forever, but we behaved as if it would. The sun stained the sky with its iron, warning us that soon we would have to leave. She sighs, her breath cascading across my chest. I held her closer and softly kissed her sweat soaked hair. The sun, villain to the velvet curtain, rose higher in the sky.

I pack my bag; she sits in the middle of the bed. We talk of nothing and everything, both avoiding the topic which soon will come. A horn shrieks from the street, announcing that the time has arrived. A quick rush of footsteps on the carpeted floor and her arms fly around me. I feel her shake against me, her arms gripping me tightly. I tell her it is only for a short while, holding her close while the horn sounds again. I push dark strands from her face and kiss her soft, upturned lips, tasting her one last time before my exile.

In the cab, I sigh loud enough for the driver to ask me if I am okay. I assure him I am, yet clearly am not. He looks towards the window and turns his face to me and nods. I glace up to her window, the curtains shivering in the wind, and see her standing there, wrapped in their soft arms. My dark angel, framed in gray, casting her silent command to return to her. A command I will not disobey.

No comments: