Saturday, December 5, 2009

Poetry: Poetic Reasoning

What if I offered you what you wanted, but you turned away?
Giving you all you need with the desperate hope you'd stay,
knowing that I stood no chance from the start - punishing
myself with your love, but living every moment accepting.

Within this moment, I wish to hold you - spilling my heart,
but with that not possible, I content myself by sharing my art.
I write this for you and pour out my soul for you to drink
every emotion and kiss from this text - this indelible ink.

I can only hope the arrows I fire strike true in your soul
lighting the spark that now burns inside you beyond control.
If you feel for me as I feel for you now, let your kiss steal me
and dance with me, love, under the broad leaves of the pleasure tree.

No comments: