Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Poetry: Stop Means Go (Refusal to Give Up on Love)

I refused to stop when the red lights flashed,
and I refused to stop when the signs pointed to no.
I refused to stop when you said we couldn't make it,
and I'll refuse to stop because I love you.

We had our chance to stop but the ball is rolling,
too big to stop even if we really wanted - but we don't.
We can refuse what we know and how we feel,
but we cannot refuse what's in our hearts despite our efforts.

I'm not worried because I cant refuse it,
my world is spinning as much as yours.
I'm not scared because I wont refuse it,
my love is such that it has no fears.

Let go.
Give in.
Relax.
Let love in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this because it sounds reassuring and gentle. And the last line reminds me of that Goo Goo Dolls song, which is full of awesome :) Nice job.

Sonic Boom said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it :)