Thursday, November 19, 2009

Poetry: All And Nothing (You Want)

I make mistakes,
sometimes making you upset.
I am far from perfect,
this fact try not to forget.

I tried to be what you wanted,
I tried to be what you hated.
I tried to be your friend,
but my feelings remained unstated.

I wake today,
acting like it never occurred.
I live my life,
knowing what I feel is absurd.

I watch you from my seat,
smiling from down the aisle.
I sip my drink and watch you,
hoping what you find is as worthwhile
as me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, this one makes me sad :( It's such a sense of hopelessness and defeat. We all make mistakes and no one is perfect though. And sometimes you can't control what happens and even though it's frustrating, it's just something you must learn to take in stride.