Monday, November 16, 2009

Writing: Moment in Time - Memoirs of the Imagineer

My pen glides across the paper, leaving beauty in its wake. With the grace of an eagle, it dips and dives, creating a masterpiece that only I can truly understand. When I write, a movie springs forth from my mind. As I paint the scene, I slowly make your reality fade. You see the sky as I describe; you feel the breeze that blows by your face. You see what I describe, savoring every detail like a full bodied wine.

I take you into my mind, showing you wonders you had never seen. Colors that never existed in the real world sparkle of scales off creatures that never were. Laws of physics, concrete theories that govern your world melt away, as you move deeper and deeper into my imagination. Time ceases to matter as you feel the freedom in my words.

Suddenly it's gone. You feel yourself thrown back into reality, only now you don't know which is which. You glance at the story, or maybe reality, you just read, feeling unsure about which to believe. You still remember the feelings you had as you lost yourself for a short time; the freedom you never felt before. Luckily for you, there is another opportunity to enter my mind. You turn the page and open the door once more . . .

No comments: