Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Writing: Moment in Time - Sleeping Beauty

Her eyes close as she rests her head upon my shoulder. Stray hairs cascade down her serene face as she slowly drifts into slumber. My fingers itch, burn, with the desire to gently push back those rogue strands. Her breathing becomes shallow as she slides further asleep, my arm gently wrapped around her; caressing. I tilt my head to the side, resting against her soft hair. Closing my eyes, I drink in the moment.

Her body shifts under my arm as her head slips lower and settles on my lap. My fingers continue to lightly dance along her back. My eyes slowly open as I look down at the quintessential Sleeping Beauty laying below me. I smile and turn my head to look to the sky. Her hand rests lightly on my leg as she sleeps, while mine continues to moving soothingly. I watch the stars glitter in the sky while a closer one rests here with me.

Her head raises as she temporarily waves sleep from her mind. A glance at me and her head falls again to my chest. I lightly kiss her sweet smelling hair as her eyes close once more. Resting head to head, I close my eyes. Lost in a moment that wont last, feeling things that are difficult to voice, I sigh lightly. Stop thinking, I tell myself. Just enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is another one I'd like to see turned into a story. I'd like to know what he's thinking about and at the end, I started thinking that maybe the couple had a fight earlier but had made up and he was thinking how he wasn't sure about the relationship and thinking about ending it.