Monday, November 16, 2009

Writing: Moment in Time - Goodbye

I opened the door to an empty room that once held our life. I looked around, my emotions turned off, and took it all in. The brightness was doubled as the curtains that used to play like care-free ghosts, vanished never to be seen. The wooden floor, kept warm with his Persian coat, was left cold and shivering.

The cupboards were bare, having sent the dishes and cups to a permanent camp, like unruly children. The tables and chairs. where we sat for hours on end over a cup of coffee and a small dinner, vanished right before my eyes.

I make my way to the bedroom, where I hear voices laughing. I enter to only find still air, tossing in my hoarse breath. I drop to my knees and cry. I cry for what was and what never will be again.

No comments: