Thursday, November 12, 2009

Writing: Moment in Time - Terminal

The airport never looked so good. Every gate and every sign welcomed me like an old friend. Each step brought me closer and closer to where I wanted to be. The walk down the terminal felt surreal, as if I was not there, but floating ghost-like above the walkways.

Closer and closer I approached to where she was. From so far away she held my heart in her hand, now she will get to hold my entire self. The signs are now a blur as my vision narrows. The walkway seems to go miles, but at the end I can see her.

There she is, my heart exalts. She stands just as I remember her, beautiful beyond words. The sun, in perfect position, shines upon her, showering her in a cascade of sunlight. My heart, only a few steps away.

I reach her and time stops, lost in her embrace. Her touch and breath sears into my skin. Her eyes and voice scorch my soul. With one look, I give her all that I am. She knew that she had me, but in that moment, she was completely sure. I surrendered my scarred and battered heart to her to do as she pleased. I was where I wanted to be, in her embrace forever.

No comments: